Tuesday, March 19, 2013

One Month

One month already!  Can you believe it?  Carter is a wonderful baby and has made the transition to being a two child household as easy as I think it can be.  While we don't visit the doctor again for a few weeks, at his last visit he was up to 9 pounds 2 ounces and in the 60% percentile for weight, height, and head circumference.  He has taken to nursing like a champ, but as Jeff says, what boy/man wouldn't, right?  He eats every 2-3 hours, day and night, but during the night he goes back to sleep easily.  I am counting my blessings for that one!  He goes to bed about 10 and officially gets up about 7:30.  He has begun opening his eyes more and staying awake for longer periods of time.  He loves to check out the ceiling and the lights and now seems more interested in our faces.  He is doing a great job with tracking objects and following sounds.  He loves the bath once he is in the warm water.  And while his first couple of baths were accompanied by lots of screams, he is WAY more calm than Lily ever was at this age.  He is very tolerant when it comes to his big sister and I know they will end up enjoying each other later in life, or at least I hope they will.  We feel very blessed with our happy, healthy little boy.  Enjoy the photos I took of Carter in his "marshmallow chair!"







1 comment:

  1. It's probably strange to say a boy is beautiful, but Carter is a beautiful baby! I, too, like the photo with the feet in the foreground. Good shot.

    ReplyDelete